ABOUT OUR MOBILE SERVICE:
Dr. Sonia Amador has practiced for over 17 years and has extensive knowledge of cats, dogs, and pocket pets (including guinea pigs, hamsters, mice, and rabbits).
SERVICE RANGE: All of San Francisco and East Bay Area. Including: San Jose, Concord, Walnut Creek, Brentwood, Fairfield, Benicia, Vallejo, San Rafael, Lafayette, and Novato. A flat rate travel fee will be applied to all appointments. If you are located outside any of these areas we may still be able to accommodate you for an ADDITIONAL travel fee. Please call for rates.
Hours: 9am – 7pm (Monday-Friday), 10am-6pm (Saturday), Closed Sunday & Monday
Home visits : Dr. Amador will perform a through exam in the comfort of your own home and have the ability to perform expert care on the spot.
1.Physical Exam/Wellness Care/Sick visits: We recommend a comprehensive wellness exam of your pet at least once a year to make sure they are healthy. We will examine them “nose-to-tail” to determine any health concerns. We can also do exams for your sick or injured pets.
2. Diagnostics (bloodwork, fecals): We have the ability to perform professional lab testing , that includes blood tests like: heartworm testing, Felv/FIV testing, complete blood panels, fecal testing . Results come in the next day.
3. Vaccinations: all vaccines for dogs and cats, as well as Rabies certificates. They include: Dappv, Rabies, Bordetella, FVRCP, FeLV
4. Pharmaceutical Prescriptions: We carry most antibiotics and anything we don’t carry, we can write a prescription for you.
5. Microchipping: We can quickly microchip any pet!
6. Flea & Tick & Heartworm prevention: We carry the best products: NexGard, Bravecto, and HeartGard for dogs . Revolution for cats. All other products seem to fail.
7. Dermatological services: If your pet has ongoing skin problems, we will address the origin and the solution to the problem of his/her skin problems.
8. Surgery: Minor laceration repair , bite wounds, biopsies abscess lancing can be done on site.
9. Non-anesthetic dentals: This is a much cheaper and safer alternative to the dentals done at a clinic. The pet will be restrained in a towel and the same scaling instrument that a clinic uses will be used to clean the teeth.
10. Euthanasia and Cremation : When it’s time to say goodbye to your beloved pet, we will do a peaceful in-home euthanasia. We can arrange for a private body cremation in a beautiful cedar or oak urn or we can also do group/communal cremation without ashes back.
11. Health Certificates: Available for traveling pets. This is done by Dr. Amador online and a returned certificate is emailed to you the next day.
***Can treat some Emergencies: Seizures, Toxicosis, Bite wounds and lacerations, etc, etc…: call to ask.
Please call for estimates as rates may vary with changing economy. Our services are generally much less expensive than Animal Hospitals and Clinics since we have less overhead business expenses- labor costs, utilities, rent/lease payments etc. We always put the health of your pet first and offer a FREE phone consultation so please don’t hesitate to call!